9. What is the Role of Infection Prevention and Control Committee (IPC Committee)?
The IPC committees as articulated in the National Infection Prevention and Control Policy and Strategy, 2007 should provide oversight for TB infection prevention and control.
The roles and responsibilities of this committee in relation to TB IPC are to:
- Ensure development of the Infection Prevention and Control plans
- Provide technical support on TB prevention and control to district and facilities
- Review TB surveillance data trends (including MDR and XDR-TB)
- Advise on potential outbreaks and management thereof.